Things to Do in Winter in Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe is the premier winter wonderland sports destination in North America and California’s top holiday getaway for all ages in winter. Whether you are traveling with friends, as a couple or as a family with or without kids, or solo, and want to escape for a weekend getaway or for a day trip, you came to the right place.
Lake Tahoe is a year-round vacation destination for everybody; it offers a wide array of exciting indoor and thrilling outdoor adventures that will keep travelers of all ages entertained and enchanted. Especially in winter, Lake Tahoe transforms into a major winter sports and holiday destination where you can choose any activities you may like such as skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating; you name it and you can do it all. Lake Tahoe venues are amazing and endless for day and overnight visitors.
What is there to do if I/we don’t ski or snowboard? There many things to do in Lake Tahoe if you don’t ski. You can enjoy a private custom tour of Lake Tahoe’s top attractions at your own pace and in a luxury vehicle with a professional tour guide. You may also go for anexciting snowmobile guided tour and enjoy breathtaking views up in the high sierra mountains, or take a thrilling helicopter ride over Lake Tahoe lake and waterfalls, watch the snow fall over Lake Tahoe while sitting next to your hotel fireplace, along with some fabulous views of the Lake. And if you feel like some more excitement, go tubbing and sledding or take a sleigh ride, go snowshoeing for an easy stroll in stunning scenery, go fishing, skating, shopping, wine tasting, boating, sailing, take a day cruise or a sunset cruise dinner in Lake Tahoe and marvel at a stunning sunset changing colors. The casino-hotels in South Lake Tahoe offer a variety of venues for everybody including day indoor activities for the whole families, spa and swimming pools, and night shows for all ages. Tahoe offers world-class casinos with 24-hour games and gambling, nightly entertainment, and culinary establishments and luxury spas and wellness centers and you have a fantastic year-round destination
Where to stay in Lake Tahoe? We do not work on commission, which means our valuable clients can choose their own and favorite hotel or casino resort in either Lake Tahoe North Shore or South Shore. We recommend reading reviews about Lake Tahoe lodges and hotels including ski resorts that are centrally located. If you are looking for more day activities and nightlife, South Lake Tahoe is the place for you then. If you are looking for a quiet and more residentialneighborhood, then North Shore is a good option.
Among the top skiing resorts are Squaw Valley Village and Ski Resort, North Star, and Heavenly village and ski resort located in South Lake Tahoe (the state line between California and Nevada where casinos are located). If you like to be close to the ski gondola at Heavenly village and looking for more ambiance and nightlife, some of the top hotel casinos that offer all these venues include Harrah’s Lake Tahoe, the Harveys Hotel and Casino Resort, Montbleu Resort, Casino and Spa, and Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. These hotelcasinos are centrally located, and in general offer larger rooms at more affordable rates(except for holidays and week-ends).However, the entire lobby areas in each one of these hotels are designatedfor smoking, but they do offer non-smoking rooms and restaurants.
If smoke in the lobby is an issue for you, you may read reviews and recommendations online about other resorts in South Lake Tahoe, among these hotels are Heavenly Village Grand Residences by Marriott, the Ritz-Carlton, Tahoe Beach and Ski Club, Postmarc Hotel and Spa Suites, Marriott’s Timber Lodge, Marriott’s Timber Lodge, among other hotels and resorts in South Lake Tahoe.
Quick tips for visiting Lake Tahoe
• If your dates of travel are flexible, we recommend that you avoid visiting Lake Tahoe during the week-ends and holidays, so you enjoy more relaxing and peaceful vacation away from the crowd and heavy traffic. Hotels are a bit more affordable as well during the week-days and before or after the holidays.
• Ensure that you book your private tour with us and your hotel accommodation weeks and months in advance as we get sold out months in advance.
• Some activities require reservations in advance including snowmobile rides, air tours, ski lessons, cruises, among other popular attractions and activities and may want to check out whatever you like to do before you travel. It helps us and your tour guide if let us know about any special plans or request you may have
• Summer and winter are the high seasons around Tahoe, so the sooner you book your trip the better.
• The sun is strong in Tahoe, bring sunglasses, sunscreen,and a hat even when it’s not hot out in Tahoe.
• Some visitors feel out of breath while hiking or traveling in Tahoe due to the elevation.
• Dress for the changing weather, bring extra layers as it gets cold in winter and at night, even in the summer. Have hiking shoes or snowshoes, if you can.
• If smoke in the lobby of Lake Tahoe casinos’ resorts is an issue for you, you may want to avoid staying in a casino hotel then. Although many nonsmokers’ visitors stay there to save time, money and enjoy more nigh venues,the hotel’s commodity and amenities.
• All our tours are conducted in English unless otherwise stated on the email confirmation we will send after you book. The sooner the better so prepare for your vacation in the best way possible.
• All reservations are subject to availability even when transactions are approved.
5 Star tour guides and excellent customer service
We are unconditionally committed to excellence
Quality private custom tours &exclusive outdoor adventures
We are a Reliable, Certified and Local Small Business
Luxury 4WD SUVs and top-of-the-line vehicles
Go where you want to go, travel your way and at your pace
Quality products, great values and no hidden fees
Luxuryvehciles and VIP travel services à la carte
Expert photographers and hikers tour leaders available
Family-friendly tour operator, always willing to go the extra mile
Secure websites and 100% satisfaction guarantee
Complimentary services and all-inclusive tour packages
All applicable taxes and entrance fees included